bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: First installation... my humble review
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:43:17 GMT
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM, Olivier Mauras <olivier@core-hosting.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I met Gary Martin this morning on #trac and discussing quickly about the
> look & feel of Bloodhound i ended up installing it on a test server.
> Here's a compilation of the points that i find "lacking":
>
> 1/ Blocking points for a production adoption - indeed that's only my
> opinion
>
>   * Product owner should automatically have admin rights to this product.
>   I plan on using Bloodhound in a multi product / multi users setup.
>   I can't imagine it working without delegating the product admin rights
> to their owners
>
>   * Products should be able to have their own source repo
>   If rights are delegated, I don't see any valid reason for owners to not
> be able to add their own repos
>
> 2/ Confusing points
>
>   * Tickets tab being the dashboard
>   Being a new user, I find it really confusing for the "Tickets" tab for
> being the dashboard and consequently the only access to products list.
>   It would be way more intuitive - and faster - to keep the products list
> dropdown at the left of the breadcrumb.
>
>   * Not knowing where you are
>   This is indeed linked to the previous point, wiki and source pages don't
> show the product in breadcrumb
>
> 3/ Eye candy
>
>   * Source browser CSS may not be the easiest to read
>   All lines to the same color make it difficult to catch things
>   Age color highlight is too light and/or too close in colors
>
>   * There's place on the mainnav tabs
>   As there's place available and that one can enable timeline and roadmap
> from base.ini why not add them to mainnav() to not have then in "More" tab?
>
> 4/ Graphic glitch
>
>   https://bh-demo1.apache.org/products/%40/roadmap
>   As you can see here milestone bars are not displaying correctly.
>

> I think that's all I have for now, thanks for taking time to read me.
>
> Olivier

Thank you for the feedback.
 * Your points about the navigation being confusing are relate-able. We
need to improve in this area.
 * You say that all lines in the source browser are the same color. This
could be due to Pygments not being installed correctly. Do you have a
"Syntax Highlighting" tab on the prefs page (/prefs/pygments)? It could
also be due to the mimetype on a file being set to text/plain. The mimetype
should be autodiscovered for common file extensions if not set on the file.
 * I agree that we should offer more flexibility for users to customize the
mainnav. This will be improved in #636.
 * The roadmap needs a Bootstrap template, which is why it is not visually
appealing. Some would say that the Roadmap is replaced by the Dashboard,
but I think we should make the Roadmap usable for those that choose to use
it.

https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/636