bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Add and respond to tickets via email
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 08:33:17 GMT
On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Brylie Oxley <brylie@nten.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We are setting up a Helpdesk/documentation management solution. In order to
> encourage staff acceptance, this tool should require very little of staff.
> We
> would like for staff to be able to file a helpdesk ticket by sending an
> email,
> and have the helpdesk personnel use the helpdesk tool to organize and
> respond
> to tickets. Staff are already familiar with, and frequently using, their
> email
> tools, so this is a natural connection.
>
> How can we use Bloodhound to support operations and helpdesk staff to
> communicate efficiently, using familiar tools such as IMAP, GMail, iMail,
> Thunderbird, Outlook, etc?
> --
> Brylie Oxley
> Data and Systems Coordinator
> Nonprofit Technology Network
> http://nten.org
>
> It's that time again! Register now <http://www.nten.org/ntc> for the 2014
> NTC in Washington DC, March 13-15. Early bird rates end Dec. 13, save $300
> on your #14NTC registration by joining or renewing your NTEN
> membership<http://www.nten.org/join>.
>
> 1020 SW Taylor, #800
> Portland, OR 97205
>
> Phone: 1-415-397-9000
> Fax: 1-415-814-4056
>
> NTEN is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization.

Email2Trac (1) seems to be a popular plugin for Trac that allows converting
emails to Trac tickets. The plugin hasn't been tested with Bloodhound as
far as I know, and I'm not sure if it will work with the Multiproduct
extension in Bloodhound, but I think it would be worth giving it a try. If
you have any issue, we can help you work through them.

(1) http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/EmailtoTracScript