bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Antonia Horincar <antonia.horin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC COMDEV-108] Solr plugin questions
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 19:24:02 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I have been working on the features yet to be added to the
plugin and this is the current status of the project:
I managed to fix the pagination of results, in order to retrieve a specified number of results
per page. Previously, the plugin retrieved all Solr results that matched the query, and paginated
them afterwards (which wasn’t very efficient).

There was a problem with wildcard searching (Solr allows it by default, however due to the
fact that I am using the existing DefaultQueryParser, not all wildcards worked). But I managed
to fix this, and Solr wildcards now work.

There is now a trac-admin command to generate a Solr schema at the desired location (I followed
your advice and allowed the user to provide a path via the Terminal). This works, the schema
can be generated, however there is a problem which I am hoping on fixing tomorrow. The user
can provide a schema path when using the command, however I also need the path when instantiating
the Sunburnt instance, and at the moment the path is not updated in the module that deals
with Sunburnt. So once I fix this, the plugin should be able to use the generated schema for
Solr requests.

I am also working on displaying the More Like This results in the interface. For now, I added
a More Like This button (by implementing the ITemplateStreamFilter interface) to each result
retrieved for the original query, but I’m not sure how the similar results should be shown
in the interface. What do you think?

I will also do some refactoring while working on these remaining issues.

Thanks,
Antonia
On 30 July 2014 at 12:01:05, Anže Starič (anze.staric@gmail.com) wrote:

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Antonia Horincar
<antonia.horincar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’ve began to work on generating a Solr schema rather than storing it. I am
> using the lxml library for writing to the xml file. I am currently trying
> to map fields from the Whoosh schema with the fields to be written in the
> schema.xml file. Should the user provide the path to their current Solr
> installation in the trac.ini file (in order to know where the schema.xml
> file should be generated)?

Storing the path to trac.ini would be convenient, but only when solr
and bloodhound run on the same server. What about passing it as a
command line parameter? (And creating schema.xml in current directory
if no path is specified).

Anze