bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Antonia Horincar <antonia.horin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC COMDEV-108] Solr plugin questions
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:18:41 GMT
On 12 August 2014 at 22:43:30, Anže Starič (anze.staric@gmail.com) wrote:
Sounds like something that needs to be done when Solr is configured
for the first time so I would put it in the installation guide. What
happens if the default search field is not defined? Will search crash,
return no results or something else entirely?

To be honest, it behaves strangely, it doesn’t crash all the time. I just tried using the
Solr backend (and also generating a schema) without modifying the default option in the solrconfig.xml
file (i.e. not modifying the default “text” field), and it worked. However, it happened
to crash and throw this[1] error. And that’s why I thought it would be good to change the
field anyway, as there is no “text” field in the Bloodhound schema.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10130163/solr-query-http-error-404-undefined-field-text

Anze

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Antonia Horincar
<antonia.horincar@gmail.com> wrote:
> The issue is the following: Solr needs to be told which field to search on when using
the default search. By default, this is set to the ‘text’ field (which doesn’t exist
in the BH schema). So basically, this only needs to be changed once. Should I then specify
this as a step in the installation guide? On one hand, this would allow the user to easily
choose the default field to be searched, but on the other hand this means one additional installation
step.