bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dogfooding multi product on i.a.o/bloodhound
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 12:19:35 GMT

On 18/02/15 02:01, John Chambers wrote:
> I have setup the new Bloodhound environment on the i.a.o vm. But like I
> thought it is not accessable from the outside world.
>
> I will look at doing what Brane suggests and use apache rewrite rules and
> virtual host configurations to test the new setup before I migrate the old
> environment and data across.
>
> I am also going to look at providing a holding page so that I can bring the
> service down for maintenance in the future.
>
> I will keep you informed.
>
> Cheers
>
> John
>
> On 18 February 2015 at 01:04, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
>> On 17.02.2015 20:22, Gary Martin wrote:
>>> On 17/02/15 14:28, John Chambers wrote:
>>>
>>> Incidentally, I think I specified the wrong redirect in my last
>>> message as we use products rather than product so that redirect should
>>> be:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound =>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/bhound/products/BLOODHOUND
>>
>> We can make the right redirects work without Infra involvement and
>> without changing the root URL https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound so
>> something horrible like .../bhound.
>>
>> All it takes is to have a careful look at the current set of URLs used
>> for BH stuff and then writing a number of rewrite rules that will catch
>> only those URLs, but not any new .../bloodhound/product URLs. If that
>> means we invent a virtual location, e.g., .../bloodhound/main to refer
>> to the global environment, that's fine, IMO. Better than the current
>> proposal in any case.
>>
>> -- Brane

I can understand the dislike of the suggested url. My suggestion came
from an attempt to keep things relatively simple, albeit with INFRA
involvement. It would also minimise the slightly strange situation of
one product appearing to have some sort of special status.

I take it that Brane is not suggesting that we redirect like this:
/bloodhound/(?!main).* to /bloodhound/main/products/BLOODHOUND

It looks to me like a bit of work has been in progress. For some reason
we have a "Welcome to Trac 0.13dev" as our front page at the moment. Not
so great for us!

Cheers,
     Gary