bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From John Chambers <cham...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dogfooding multi product on i.a.o/bloodhound
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 20:56:41 GMT
I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves by expecting INFRA to take
over the running of this Bloodhound instance. I would expect that to happen
only after other projects started to use bloodhound for their issue
tracking and wiki.

However this is the instance we use for dogfooding and so I think that I
should be concentrating on getting a working version of bloodhound 0.8.0
with all the tickets and attachments and external links working as they do
now. But as part of a multi product installation.

I think involving INFRA at this stage could be counter productive because
they may ask for more than I am able to give at the present time.

I don't know enough about managing an instance of Bloodhound to answer your
question about the redirect Gary. Maybe we need the involvement of the
developers who implemented multi product to explain further.

Like I said previously my next step is to install a separate instance of
Bloodhound 0.8.0 on the server to see if we can access it externally
without any changes by INFRA. If that works then I will migrate the
existing tickets etc and setup the redirect so hopefully we can continue to
use the system as is.

Cheers

John.