bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From John Chambers <cham...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dogfooding multi product on i.a.o/bloodhound
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 16:17:15 GMT
On 16 February 2015 at 15:25, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John !
> :)
>
> On 2/16/15, John Chambers <chambej@apache.org> wrote:
> > I have spent more time on this over the weekend and I now have a copy of
> > the live site on my local VM.
> [...]
>
> \o/
>
> > I already had bloodhound v0.8
> > installed so it was just a case of replacing the
> > bloodhound/environments/main with the archived one and restoring the
> > database. I had to make changes to the base and trac ini files because of
> > path changes and I then had to do a trac-admin upgrade to get the
> database
> > to the required version.
> >

> Database upgrade should not be quite problematic considering that
> multi-product plugin's columns have not changed since some time and
> 4.0 includes MP DB structure but not the other aspects , mainly the
> isolated product envionments developed for BH>=0.6 . Something worth
> considering is the state of other plugins e.g. relations . Is it
> enabled and working ?

How would I check this?

> > Now the main problem I have is that the process has created a new @
> > prefixed default product under which all the old tickets and wiki pages
> can
> > be found.
>
> Would you mind if default product prefix is set to something different
> , let's say BH ?

I didn't seem to get a choice here unless I can specify this prior to the
database upgrade.

> > However I do not have a WikiStart page defined.
>
> I guess you mean in the global environment i.e. at base URL .
>
> > So my question is
> > what should I do?
>
> It is possible to create the wiki page and that's it but ...
>
> > Bare in mind that I will most likely be doing something
> > similar with the live i.a.o Bloodhound instance at some point.
> >

> ... the question is what's going to happen with all the URLs (e.g. in
> messages instructions , archive , ...) pointing at i.a.o/bh/... now
> available at i.a.o/products/PREFIX/... (PREFIX=@ or PREFIX=BH or ...)
>
> > The options I can think of are:
> >
> > 1. Change the setup so that we are using the default product to serve all
> > the pages.
> > 2. Create a new StartWiki page to allow the users to select the product
> > they want to work with.
> >

> Considering the answers to questions above I might have another
> proposal ... which is basically to continue hosting the default
> product at i.a.o/bh other potential new products at
> i.a.o/bh/products/PREFIX and global admin at some other
> non-conflicting URL e.g. i.a.o/bh/global (<= but may a different
> naming convention be chosen as well)
>
> I think we might be limited here because Apache is the host and we might
not be able to specify other url's apart from i.a.o/bloodhound.

If you can give me some pointers on how I can do the migration and only
expose the existing tickets as product @ via the bloodhound url, that
should give me a good start.

> > I am no expert of administrating either Trac or Bloodhound, so any
> > suggestions would be welcome.
> >

> Thanks for your help and the time dedicated to make this happen .
>
> [...]

About time I start to contribute to the project.

> --
> Regards,
>
> Olemis - @olemislc
>
> Apache(tm) Bloodhound contributor