bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary <gary.mar...@physics.org>
Subject Re: Expected move of Apache Bloodhound to the Attic.
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2017 02:34:13 GMT
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017, at 07:05 AM, Randika Navagamuwa wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I'm really interested in BH but due to my academic work I didn't have
> much time to contribute. Since I'm a graduated student now, I will have
> more time to contribute to BH. Furthermore, as I see it, moving the
> project
> into attic is not really a good idea because this is an amazing project
> which will be "The open source" issue tracker in the future. So many
> people
> including me will be really disappointed if the project moved into attic
> at
> this point of time. Therefore lets work together and overcome this hard
> time.
>
> Regards,
>

> *Randika Navagamuwa,*
>
> *Department of Computer Science & Engineering,*
>
> *University of Moratuwa,*
> *Sri Lanka.*
> *www.rnavagamuwa.com <http://www.rnavagamuwa.com/>*
> [image: lk.linkedin.com/in/rnavagamuwa/]
> <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/rnavagamuwa/> [image:
> https://www.facebook.com/rnavagamuwa]
> <https://www.facebook.com/rnavagamuwa>
>  [image: https://twitter.com/rnavagamuwa]
> <https://twitter.com/rnavagamuwa> [image:
> https://plus.google.com/+RandikaNavagamuwa/]
> <https://plus.google.com/+RandikaNavagamuwa/>
>
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Dammina Sahabandu
> <dmsahabandu@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Kunaal,
> >
> > While appreciating your enthusiasm towards the project a-lot, I will
> > apologize on behalf of PMC for not being able to help you. Most of us have
> > been very busy during the recent times and did not find time to contribute
> > to the project.
> >
> > However, speaking for myself I will find more free time during the coming
> > months which I will spend on BH. So if moving to attic is not finalized and
> > PMC believes in reviving the project let’s work together.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dammina
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM Kunal Jain <kunaalus@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Gary,
> > >
> > > I did come up few years back with intention of reviving it but there was
> > > lack of mentors.
> > >
> > > I'd like to contribute to bring it up again. Do we have a roadmap or
> > what's
> > > needed?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Kunal Jain

> > opportunity

> > but
> > attempt

> > --
> > Dammina Sahabandu
> > Associate Tech Lead, AdroitLogic
> > Committer, Apache Software Foundation
> > AMIE (SL)
> > Bsc Eng Hons (Moratuwa)
> > +94716422775

Thank you for all the interest and support. I should probably point out
that the attic is not something that should be feared: if it turns out
that there is not enough of a community able to look after the project
then it is just a natural consequence.

That said, it is important to give what community there is a chance to
step up if they think they are able to.

If there looks like there will be enough interest, we can try to get a
potential road map and further information together.

Many thanks again,
    Gary