bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Public Bloodhound is down again
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 07:58:36 GMT
Hey Dammina,

Short answer: Infra turned off the service because it wasn't being
maintained. More below:

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 1:59 AM, Dammina Sahabandu <dmsahabandu@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The public hosted instance of bloodhound is down again for some time now.
> We need to come up with a sustainable methodology to keep this up and
> running. At least we should activate a different health check monitoring
> service.

Infra has ample monitoring. No worries there. But a couple things got
broken on it, and never fixed. There were also a couple VMs running for
Bloodhound demos, but those weren't worked on either. ... So Infra just
shut it all down.

> As I remember last time we have reported this to infra team and get
> resolved. Is this the method that we have following all along? Or else do
> we have any control to the VM that this instance is running.
>
> I would like to take the responsibility of keeping the instance up and
> running in the future, but first I need some guidance from our senior
> members.

Speaking for Infra now: we would like an additional person to make a
similar commitment, before we spin up a VM for Apache Bloodhound. We've
been going back/forth on these VMs for a while now, and have yet to succeed.

I'm reachable here (as a PMC Member) or on users@infra or via a Jira
ticket. Happy to help, but Infra needs some assurances of assistance for
your VM(s).

Cheers,
Greg Stein
Infrastructure Administrator, ASF