bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] How to get out of this situation?
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 20:44:24 GMT
On 10/23/17, Allan Swanepoel <allanice001@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> I would like to raise a few troublesome concerns I would have with
> this project (again, this is one person):
> 1) Trac - the foundation of BH is still on Py2 - with basically 2 yrs
> until py2 is declared EOL (2020) .
> 2) Trac Version - Trac is on version 1.2(stable), afaik, BH has only
> been tested on Trac 0.11 - 0.13

There is a third concern I'd like to add to the list .

3) Is Trac implementing a multi-(project | product) infrastructure ?
    If so, what would be the impact of this upon the Apache Bloodhound project?

> So, i guess my day 1 question would be how would you get Bloodhound to
> py3 in ~2yrs, especially if the platform its based on isnt there yet?
>
> Would a fork (As Olemis suggested) solve that? I doubt it.
>
> And, again, nothing against ASF here, but I'm sure migrating the
> source to GH could attract more involvement from more developers.

[...]

As far as I know all ASF projects , even those in the Apache Incubator
, are mirrored in github . This is Apache Bloodhound instance @ Github
[1]_

.. [1] https://github.com/apache/bloodhound

--