bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Imesha Sudasingha <imesha...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: Expected move of Apache Bloodhound to the Attic.
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 05:55:00 GMT
Hi all,

I have been following this project discussions for some time and I feel
this project should have another chance.

I have been following trac migration [1] issue when I was looking for a
project for GSoC 2017. I even went on and setup the tests and started
resolving several test failures (See my mails in dev mailing list [2]). But
unfortunately, I didn't get enough guidance at several points in order to
resolve some issues I encountered in the process. If I got enough guidance
and mentoring at that point, state of Apache Bloodhound would have been
very different.

As far as I know, the major issue to be resolved with Bloodhound at the
moment is the trac migration. Therefore, I believe it can be done with some
proper guidance which I did not get earlier this year. I, personally would
like to help with this migration as well. I also believe that we can
promote this community through Apache Help Wanted [3] site to attract more
contributors.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Imesha

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-210
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/69932a6cb841383a5274dbd0a14d37
86bc0186a2503409a05f3ad785@%3Cdev.bloodhound.apache.org%3E
[3] https://helpwanted.apache.org

Kind Regards,
*Imesha Sudasingha*
Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/imeshasudasingha>  <https://github.com/IMS94>
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/4012073/imesha-sudasingha>