bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@physics.org>
Subject Re: Git for source control
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:44:17 GMT
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, at 3:03 PM, Daniel Brownridge wrote:
> I like git!

Just remembered how much I dislike html for emails. That comment was hidden from view for
me and I didn't spot the alt text.

/me searches mail client options.

> On 19/03/18 14:55, Gary Martin wrote:
>> Hi everyone,

As pointed out in another thread, I have not looked for any consensus on use of git for issue
tracking for work on a trac-less bloodhound. Part of the reason would be my imperfect memory
of discussions around making more use of git and similar.

There are a number of options for how to continue. It could be argued that there is no strict
need to move away from subversion as we have git mirroring already. Indeed, this discussion
around git does not impact on the ability to experiment with new directions in the short term.

What I feel we definitely need is to start ensuring that we support git as part of our development
workflow. I expect that to be achievable regardless.

I hope none of the above reveals any bias towards one side or another as I do not wish to
prejudice this discussion.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Gary

--
Cheers,
    Gary

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, 7-Bit, 0 bytes)
View raw message