bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Dammina Sahabandu <dmsahaba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git for source control
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:10:01 GMT
Hi All/Gary,

Git overweighs svn in many ways. So +1 for Git.

Also, apologies about the less involvement in the other thread. I still
couldn't catch a free moment to go through it. But its great to see ideas
being shared. Lets keep it up.

Thanks,
Dammina

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 11:03 PM, Daniel Brownridge <
daniel.brownridge@gmail.com> wrote:

> [image: I like git!]
>
> On 19/03/18 14:55, Gary Martin wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> As pointed out in another thread, I have not looked for any consensus on use of git for
issue tracking for work on a trac-less bloodhound. Part of the reason would be my imperfect
memory of discussions around making more use of git and similar.

> There are a number of options for how to continue. It could be argued that there is no
strict need to move away from subversion as we have git mirroring already. Indeed, this discussion
around git does not impact on the ability to experiment with new directions in the short term.

> What I feel we definitely need is to start ensuring that we support git as part of our
development workflow. I expect that to be achievable regardless.

--
Dammina Sahabandu
PMC & Committer, Apache Software Foundation