bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Brownridge <daniel.brownri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git for source control
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 14:04:18 GMT
@Gary, I understand, like HTML email either. Octocat was just there to
make you smile.

On 21/03/18 12:44, Gary Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, at 3:03 PM, Daniel Brownridge wrote:
>> I like git!
> Just remembered how much I dislike html for emails. That comment was hidden from view
for me and I didn't spot the alt text.

> /me searches mail client options.
>

>> On 19/03/18 14:55, Gary Martin wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
> As pointed out in another thread, I have not looked for any consensus on use of git for
issue tracking for work on a trac-less bloodhound. Part of the reason would be my imperfect
memory of discussions around making more use of git and similar.

> There are a number of options for how to continue. It could be argued that there is no
strict need to move away from subversion as we have git mirroring already. Indeed, this discussion
around git does not impact on the ability to experiment with new directions in the short term.

> What I feel we definitely need is to start ensuring that we support git as part of our
development workflow. I expect that to be achievable regardless.