bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Martin" <gary.mar...@physics.org>
Subject looking to get back on track or possible retirement to attic
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2020 17:48:25 GMT
Hi,

OK, it seems I feel embarrassed enough at my lack of activity on this project now to come
through to the other side and start actually doing something.

Possibly most importantly, I do need to check that there is going to be enough interest from
a wider group around contributing. Without an active community it may be appropriate for the
project to retire to the attic as has been mentioned in the past.

My plan as it is would be to continue to develop the branched core project based on django
[1] and the django rest framework [2]. In the main I just want this part to be flexible in
providing means to add any fields required by a project for categorising and tracking details.

On top of that we obviously need some kind of UI. I would potentially be interested in seeing
multiple UIs that are capable of using the main model including a main web UI a cli client
and other goodies.

On the webui side I would be interested in building something with react [3] although I would
certainly be interested in hearing arguments around alternatives. I have been playing a little
with things like plot.ly's Dash project [4] as well which might provide us with a good way
of building dashboards. Again, I would be interested in more alternatives from the community.

In terms of immediate work, other than some infrastructure stuff, getting the user model integrated
into the core would be a good place to make some progress. That said, anyone interested in
playing with some of the ideas above would be very welcome!

I hope to hear from people soon!

Cheers,
    Gary

[1] https://www.djangoproject.com/