bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Dammina Sahabandu <damm...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Apache PMCs: your chance to support your projects with Outreachy internships
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2020 02:55:59 GMT
Hi All,

Just forwarding this email from Sally in case any of you have missed it.
Just wondering whether we can utilise this opportunity to find a good
contributor/intern to work on some of the stuff that Gary has mentioned in
his last email. Specially the UI segment of the new born bh framework.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Dammina
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
Date: Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 3:06 AM
Subject: Apache PMCs: your chance to support your projects with Outreachy
internships
To: ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

Hello Apache PMCs --I hope you're having a great week thus far.

The ASF (through our Diversity & Inclusion committee) is a mentoring
organization with Outreachy, a program organized by the Software Freedom
Conservancy. Outreachy provides paid internships to those who are
under-represented in technology, including women, individuals from the
African American, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native American/Alaskan/Hawaiian
communities, among others.

This year's Outreachy internships will run May-August 2020. Interns will
work full-time and remotely with individual mentors from our community (=
PMC members). Interns can work on a range of projects, such as programming,
documentation, data science, user experience, marketing, graphic design,
and more.

Several internships are available to Apache Projects: all PMCs are welcome
to apply to propose work projects for Outreachy interns. The program works
in a similar manner as GSoC, where candidate interns select which
project/activity they’d like to work on. The more work projects proposed,
the greater your Project's chance of being selected!

This is a great chance to give deserving individuals of diverse
backgrounds, genders, and ages a chance to contribute to Open Source in
many different ways. Helping others helps Apache Projects and our
communities.

NOTE: The deadline to submit work project proposals to is 25 February 2020
at 4PM UTC. We encourage you to review the Outreachy mentor FAQ as you
consider this opportunity https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/mentor-faq/

Those PMCs ready to apply as mentors may do so directly at
https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/apache/

For help crafting your project proposal, please contact the Apache
coordinators --Matt Sicker, Awasum Yannick, and Katia Rojas-- at <
dev@diversity.apache.org>.

To learn more about ASF Diversity & Inclusion, visit
https://diversity.apache.org/
To learn more about Outreachy, visit https://www.outreachy.org/

We appreciate your interest and look forward to hearing from you.

On behalf of ASF Diversity & Inclusion,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity