bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Gary <alleg...@fastmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: looking to get back on track or possible retirement to attic
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2020 00:06:19 GMT
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020, at 6:44 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 12:39 AM Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please note that since about 1.5 years ago, the Foundation has an
> > official, supported Slack workspace at the-asf.slack.com. We have a
> > Standard [NGO] Plan, so all history is retained/searchable. That is nicer
> > than IRC, if people leave/return-to the channel. I've taken the liberty to
> > create #bloodhound there (since I'm on the-asf.s.c 24x7 for Infra work),
> > and invited Gary onto the channel.
> >

> Oh, I should be clear that I wasn't trying to make a unilateral decision:
> if you two (doing the work!) decide on a hackday on IRC, then I'll sign in
> for that. I just don't keep IRC running is all.
>
> Cheers,
> -g

No worries. I seem to have forgotten that I was even in the-asf slack. I am not so aware of
the rules for access of the-asf workspace but it may well be a good alternative.

Incidentally, I did find I was able to use matrix to connect to a freenode channel and both
send and receive messages successfully.

Cheers,
  Gary