bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Is it time for Bloodhound to move to the Apache Attic?
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2020 13:49:52 GMT
Thanks, Gary!  Can you submit at least a minimal report to the board,
noting that you and perhaps another PMC member are still hoping to make
progress?  That's mostly what the board is looking for right now - if
you're still passionate, then focus on that and it's not time for the
Attic yet.

The board wants to see that PMC members (and committers!) are still
here, and able to provide oversight for the project.  If you've still
got plans, and some energy to work on them, let us know (via at least a
simple report), and keep going!

My only hint with energy later this month is to also communicate your
plans, and lay out any ideas ahead of time.  Sometimes it just takes
someone saying "hey, yes, that's the idea I had" to want to join in.

Good luck!

--

- Shane
  Director & Member

Gary wrote on 9/13/20 9:23 AM:
> Hi everyone and thanks to Shane for bringing this up.
>
> For my part I still have an interest in continuing and I really want to get things organised
again.

> However, this discussion certainly needs to happen. Is there really enough interest amongst
us to keep this going and can we translate the interest into actual action?

> Coincidentally, I was planning to take a week off work from the 21st September which
I was hoping to be able to use to help make some progress on Bloodhound. Life being what it
is, I am not going to be sure how much of that time I will be able dedicate to Bloodhound
but I have nothing else organised for that time (apart from the Sunday before that). Obviously
I can't expect others to just drop everything and join me in taking a week off on this basis,
so I am more hoping that there would be interest from people in setting some time aside to
chat with me and hopefully others on #bloodhound in the-asf Slack and see what progress we
can make.