buildr-dev mailing list archives

From hwatkins <hwatk...@mergate.com>
Subject Re: Project Layouts
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:38:51 GMT

I am trying to use the Layout class in buildr 1.3.  I have the following
buildfile that tries to set the java path to 'src'  This is an older project
and does not follow the src/main/java convention it just has the files under
src
buildfile
my_layout = Layout.new
my_layout[:source, :main, :java ] = 'src'
puts my_layout.expand(:source, :main, :java)

desc "The Simple project"
define "simple", :layout=>my_layout  do
  puts path_to(:source, :main, :java)
  puts compile.target.to_s
  puts compile.sources.to_s

It does not work, this the output I get:
src
/home/hwatkins/simple/src

Building simple
Testing simple
Completed in 0.094s

If I change it around so the source is under src/java, I can get it to work
(I can't do this with the real project though...)
buildfile
my_layout = Layout.new
my_layout[:source, :main ] = 'src'
puts my_layout.expand(:source, :main, :java)
desc "The Simple project"
define "simple", :layout=>my_layout  do
  puts path_to(:source, :main, :java)
  puts compile.target.to_s
  puts compile.sources.to_s

output
src/java
/home/hwatkins/simple/src/java
/home/hwatkins/simple/target/main/classes
/home/hwatkins/simple/src/java
Building simple
Testing simple
Completed in 0.090s