buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Release date for 1.3
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:48:31 GMT
I was hoping to have the 1.3 release today, but apparently that won't
happen.  Best guess we're a week/two away.

Most of the new features are coupled to implementation changes, which is why
we're calling this a 1.3 release.  It will not be as stable as 1.2.10, but I
do want to make sure it's stable enough to be an official release.  There's
still a few loose ends that need to be tied.

Besides code, there's also improvements to the documentation, and covering
the new features.  And here too there are still a few unfinished tasks.

Since 1.3 is the next upgrade from 1.2.10, I feel it's important to make
sure it's backwards compatible, so I'm spending some time on testing that.
If you can tell me you're successfuly using 1.3 instead of 1.2.10, that will
help.  I also expect to close all outstanding bugs filed against 1.2.10.

There's a few new features brought up on the mailing list recently.  They
are not part of the original 1.3 plan, which was all about multi-lingual
support and later expanded to include JRuby support.  My fear is that if we
keep adding features, we'll never have a 1.3 release.  And keep in mind,
once 1.3 is out we'll start working on 1.3.x.  These points releases are
easy to roll out, I don't mind making a few of those to introduce new
features.

What's your take?

Assaf