buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Release date for 1.3
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:33:37 GMT
On 2/1/08, Shane Witbeck <shane@digitalsanctum.com> wrote:

> Obviously, your the best judge of when to release and it certainly
> makes sense to wait rather than rush what seems like a relatively
> large release.
>
> You mention loose ends that need to be tied up. Anything that someone
> like me could help with? I still consider myself a novice with Buildr
> but maybe I could help with documentation?

We have a couple of carry-overs from 1.2.10 that need attending, or at least
if you can write a test case:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-2
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-22

On the documentation front, mostly reorganizing sections, which is easier to
do than explain, and then going over the text and reviewing it.  On that, I
could certainly use another pair of eyes.

I'm willing to help out if it means getting the release out quicker.
> I'm also anxious to get my hands into the plugin/extensions system
> that was mentioned a while back.

That won't be officially part of 1.3.0, but I'm also working on adding it to
trunk, and include it as alpha feature (undocumented, subject to change) in
the 1.3.0 release.

I've been using 1.3.0 for the last few days without issue.

Good to know.

Assaf

-Shane

--