buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Dependency on rjb-1.1.2
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:01:37 GMT

On Feb 21, 2008, at 4:12 PM, Tal Rotbart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Firstly, I would like to thank you guys for the work on buildr -- its
> an incredible project. I've been lurking on the dev list to keep up to
> date, to make sure that if I need to scratch an itch with buildr I can
> do it in a way that will contribute to the project.

Thanks :-)

> Is it just me or the latest buildr gem (I'm assuming due to antwrap)
> depends on version 1.1.2 of the rjb gem? That gem doesn't seem to
> exist on any of the gem mirrors I've checked nor on the main
> repository.
>
> I have version 1.1.1 of the rjb gem installed, does buildr have an
> explicit dependency on the difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 or can I
> force the installation?

RJB requires 1.0.3 or later, and Buildr itself insists on 1.1.0 or
later, so 1.1.1 will work just fine.

RJB 1.1.2 was released earlier today, so RubyGems will try to download
it as being the most recent version that shows up in the index, but
the repository is not in sync with the index.  I've seen that happen a
couple of times before this week on other gems, where gem update sees
a new version in the index but can't update it.

So gem install rjb -v 1.1.1 for now and hopefully their download
server will catch up by tomorrow.

Assaf