buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.6 developer preview on Mac OS X
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:45:31 GMT
On Feb 25, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Tal Rotbart wrote:

> Alright, did that the candidates seem alright. It is the output of the
> JUnitTestFilter that is empty.
>
> From the filter's java code it seems to assume that the test would be
> an instance of junit.framework.TestCase, which AFAIK isn't the case
> with Junit4 (See
> http://junit.sourceforge.net/doc/cookbook/cookbook.htm), and isn't the
> case with my test classes.
>
> Did I miss some setting in the buildfile that wasn't required before
> 1.3?

1.2 would decide what a good candidate is based on the class name,
looking for Test* or *Test.  That wasn't the most loved feature, it's
a good convention but if you have a class that's not a test case with
a matching name, Ant complains.

So 1.3 is trying to figure out which classes are test cases, before
handing those off to Ant.  I'm not sure how we could do annotations,
but that's one possibility.  Worse case, we can always revert back.

Assaf