buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Tal Rotbart" <redbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.6 developer preview on Mac OS X
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:19:22 GMT
It seems that RJB has some hard-coded values for Mac OS X. It ignores
JAVA_HOME and instead relies on the current jdk symlink
(/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/).
Apparently a known issue.

While it compiles the native extensions against the JDK 1.6, it seems
to fail when run with this error message:
---
dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries/libjvm_compat.dylib,
9): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries/libjvm_compat.dylib:
mach-o, but wrong architecture
---

Again, any clue would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to submit a
bug to the rjb project, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a
workaround.

Cheers,
Tal