buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Buildr 1.3 release
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:31:25 GMT

It's not that the POM is missing, it's that there's no JAR which corresponds
to the POM.  This is less often a case of broken deployment (though that
does happen) and more usually where a large project with complicated
dependencies tries to simplify their deployment by building a
"super-package" which depends upon everything below it.  In short, it's a
package which exists solely for the purpose of transitive dependencies.  In
my test case, the super-package is ``databinder-parent``.  I don't remember
what the artifact name is for the Hibernate super-package.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your notes in the troubleshooting doc, but it
looks like that just fixes the problems with missing POM.  Is there any way
to work around the non-JAR?  (since it isn't really missing)

Daniel