buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Release process [WAS Re: gradle]
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 01:21:33 GMT
So to conclude the discussion so far, most people would prefer that we go
through formal review, and then release the very same packages through both
Apache and RubyForge.

With that in mind, I'm setting up the release process for 1.3 as follows:

1.  Staging.  Create packages (source and binary), site and all other
necessary material, and place them here:
http://people.apache.org/~assaf/buildr/

2.  Voting.  I'll send a link to the specific packages we're voting on
(including hashes and signature).  We'll run those through buildr-dev and
PMC for approval.

3.  Release.  Once approved, the packages will be copied over from the URL
above to the Apache distribution directory and RubyForge, and the new site
will be uploaded.

Anyone who's interested in installing these pre-release Gems, you can
download them from the URL above and use gem install <file name> to install
locally.

Assaf