buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Buildr 1.3 release
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:20:27 GMT
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's not that the POM is missing, it's that there's no JAR which
> corresponds
> to the POM.  This is less often a case of broken deployment (though that
> does happen) and more usually where a large project with complicated
> dependencies tries to simplify their deployment by building a
> "super-package" which depends upon everything below it.  In short, it's a
> package which exists solely for the purpose of transitive dependencies.  In
> my test case, the super-package is ``databinder-parent``.  I don't remember
> what the artifact name is for the Hibernate super-package.
>
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding your notes in the troubleshooting doc, but it
> looks like that just fixes the problems with missing POM.  Is there any way
> to work around the non-JAR?  (since it isn't really missing)

Same thing, enhance the artifact to create a fake (empty) zip:

artifact 'example:com:jar:1.0' do |task|
  mkpath File.dirname(task.to_s)
  Zip::ZipOutputStream.open task.to_s
end

When I run this test, I get an error like this:

Failed to download org.apache.wicket:wicket:pom:1.3.2, tried the following
repositories:
http://databinder.net/repo/

Assaf