buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Buildr 1.3 release
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:44:17 GMT
On 30/04/2008, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-63
>  >
>  > Might want to hold off on that release.  It seems that the bug with
>  > POM-only
>  > projects still hasn't been fixed.  Since there are a large number of
>  > projects (including Hibernate) which make use of this to aggregate
>  > transitive dependencies, this really isn't something which can be ignored
>  > for 1.3 unless we're giving up on the idea of stable transitive
>  > dependencies
>  > in this release.
>

> I have some ideas on how to do transitive dependencies right, but those will
>  have to wait for after the 1.3.  It's a pretty big deal and something I'd
>  like to see as the main focus for 1.4 (along with version matching and OSGi
>  support).
>
>  The transitive method is still marked as experimental, it's supposed to
>  carry us until we get real transitive support, so it should be fixed but
>  can't hold the release.

+1, Ivy is trying to be "maven compatible" since many months,   You
can see in JIRA [1] some example of the problem that we had. (Note
that this list is probably not complete, and grows every week).

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310580&component=12312101&resolution=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

--
Gilles Scokart