buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Fwd: Major svn outage expected
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:31:43 GMT
Keep your working copies handy...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 7:34 AM
Subject: Major svn outage expected
To: Apache Infrastructure <infrastructure@apache.org>

While the details are a bit sketchy at this point,
roughly one hour ago eris, our svn server, stopped
responding to commands.  We don't know for certain
why yet, but in all likelihood eris's raid array
has failed and may not be recoverable.

The infrastructure team will be working with osuosl
to try and repair eris to the extent that it is
possible, but in the worst case scenario we may
have lost a full day's worth of commits.  We have
been preparing an svn mirror for service at

 http://svn.eu.apache.org/

but the timing of this failure has left the mirror
about 1 day behind.

I will be redirecting http traffic to the mirror
for the time being, but https will remain down until
we can sort out the damage.  Sorry, that probably
means no commits will be possible this weekend.

Please be patient with us while we work on this.

Thanks a bunch!

Be a better friend, newshound, and