buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Witbeck" <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>
Subject Re: OSGi support round two
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 03:04:21 GMT
I'm just throwing this out there since I haven't seen it mentioned
yet. How about a common API which can be extended/implemented to
handle Maven, OSGI, and any other dependency mechanism? So in the main
buildfile you define something like

dependency.management.scheme = "maven"

or

dependency.management.scheme = "osgi"

which defines which model to follow. From there, I'm not sure how
involved it is to translate each to the common model. It seems if
Buildr is going to support more than one dependency management scheme,
it shouldn't stop with maven and OSGI. Instead make the common API
extensible to support current and future schemes.

-Shane

--
-Shane