buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: issues installing buildr
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 07:38:55 GMT
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Shane Witbeck <shane@digitalsanctum.com>
wrote:

> I was finally able to get 1.2.10 as well as 1.3 installed by manually
> installing dependencies. It seems the whole problem revolved around
> rjb 1.1.3 trying to install and Antwrap which I think? needs rjb.

Buildr and Antwrap are both at fault, they require RJB.  When we did the
1.2.10 release of Buildr we didn't consider that RJB 1.1.3 (which wasn't
available yet) would be broken.

It's the classical dependency problem: if you're running from a remote
repository not under your control (as the case may be with RubyForge), you
can only expect things to break in unexpected ways.

I'm not sure yet what would be the long term solution.

Assaf

> It was a far from ideal install especially for any new users running
> windows. I've installed on Mac/Linux machines and everything seemed to
> go much smoother.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Shane
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Alex Boisvert <boisvert@intalio.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Looks like it's not finding jni.h
> >>
> >> Does your JAVA_HOME environment variable point to a JDK?    Or only a
> JRE?
> >

> > Before you go down the route trying to verify the build environment ...
> this
> > is a Windows installation.
> >
> > RJB 1.1.2 correctly downloads the Gem version that includes the Windows
> DLL,
> > RJB 1.1.3 doesn't include it, so the trick would be to find some way to
> not
> > attempt installing RJB 1.1.3.
> >
> > Long work around for now, is to gem install --ignore-dependencies buildr,
> > and separately install the missing dependencies.
> >
> > We'll need to figure out something better.
> >
> > Assaf
> >

> >> alex
> >>

> >> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Shane Witbeck <
> shane@digitalsanctum.com>

> actually

MRI.

--