buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Git forking for fun and profit
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 15:20:43 GMT

On May 2, 2008, at 3:19 PM, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> Perhaps a better characterization of what is being proposed here
> would be,
>
> 1) Optionally using Git to manage your personal work;  this is
> mostly using
> Git as a better Subversion locally where I can work on several
> things at
> once without getting everything mixed up;
>
> 2) Keep using the Apache SVN as _the_ central repository;  any
> community
> effort that requires or would benefit from sharing should go into
> the Apache
> SVN (including branching), early and often.
>
> However #2 restricts most of the action to committers.

Ummm... numerous ASF projects and podlings have been able to "handle"
this
oh-so-terrible "restriction"... why is Buildr any different?

The goal is to increase committers, and, again, this is something
that all ASF projects and podlings have taken pains to do, and have
done so successfully, under the guidelines on what approved
infrastructure exists.