buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: question about code
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:34:22 GMT
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Ittay Dror <ittay.dror@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at buildr code and I see that the 'package' task depends on the
> 'build' task (package.rb), and that 'build' is the default (rake) task
> (build.rb).  But when I run buildr, the 'package' task is called (since jars
> are created). Where is this task called?

Each project has a package task that also runs that project's build task,
and each sub-project's package task, and all the packaging tasks for that
project: one for each package created by calling package(type). The later
would have names like target/foo-bar-1.2.jar.

Each of these packages (i.e. foo-bar-1.2.jar) also have a dependency on the
project's build task. So if one project depends on another project's
package, that other project would run its build task.

Assaf