buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: question about code
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:01:33 GMT
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Ittay Dror <ittay.dror@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Assaf,
>
> Assaf Arkin wrote:
>

>> That's true. If your buildfile has one project and you run buildr with no
>> arguments, it builds that project but doesn't package anything.
>>
>> If you have foo and bar, and foo depends on a jar generated by bar, than
>> now
>> you have a dependency: foo depends on bar.jar, so when foo builds, it
>> invokes that task which builds bar and packages bar.jar.
>>

> can you point me where in the code this is done? I can see that the method
> 'package' creates a task and makes it depend on 'build', and i also see that
> 'with' in CompileTask converts specs to artifacts, which in the case of
> Project just takes the packages tasks of the project. What I don't see is
> where the dependency on those package tasks is created. (it looks like
> @dependencies in CompileTask is just set to an array of tasks and then is
> mapped to an array of strings before passing it to the compiler object)

invoke_prerequisites adds the source directories and dependencies to the
list of prerequisites before invoking them all.

The reason, if you're curious, is to satisfy another -- no longer in
existence -- feature; if this was rewritten today, probably go straight in
the same enhance block as compile.

Assaf