buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Contributor credits Was: [VOTE]: Buildr 1.3.2 release
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:30:40 GMT
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Shane Witbeck <shane@digitalsanctum.com>
wrote:

> +1. I'd also like to propose to start publishing credits to people who
> opened or contributed issues/patches with the change logs. It's a small but
> nice way to thank everyone in involved and encourages others to contribute
> as well.

Good point.  We had something like this before, but it wasn't done
consistently and I think "on a whim" is unfair so I stopped doing that.

I think we'll want to pick some guidelines for that.  Suggestions welcome.

I'll take first shot:
-  Do it for each change: list contributor name in the change log following
the change description.
-  Don't list committers, they already get credit elsewhere.
-  Should we distinguish patches from bug reports or enhancement requests?

Assaf