buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <ittay.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about code
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:51:16 GMT
Hi Assaf,

Assaf Arkin wrote:

> That's true. If your buildfile has one project and you run buildr with no
> arguments, it builds that project but doesn't package anything.
>
> If you have foo and bar, and foo depends on a jar generated by bar, than now
> you have a dependency: foo depends on bar.jar, so when foo builds, it
> invokes that task which builds bar and packages bar.jar.

can you point me where in the code this is done? I can see that the
method 'package' creates a task and makes it depend on 'build', and i
also see that 'with' in CompileTask converts specs to artifacts, which
in the case of Project just takes the packages tasks of the project.
What I don't see is where the dependency on those package tasks is
created. (it looks like @dependencies in CompileTask is just set to an
array of tasks and then is mapped to an array of strings before passing
it to the compiler object)

Thank you,
Ittay