buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Witbeck" <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for new feature: db migrations
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:57:10 GMT
Provide the framework for doing arbitrary database operations (SQL) via a
jdbc driver? The addons would do the same arbitrary tasks via a specific ORM
framework although not sure how useful ORM is in this context.

Maybe an intitial step would be creating an arbitrary sql task that could
then be called before and/or after a deploy task or integration test task. I
attribute this to the SQL Ant task.

A later step would be something closer to true migrations similar to how RoR
handles them. Associate 1 to n sql tasks to a versioned project complete
with rollback capability.

-Shane