buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Graduation process
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:58:20 GMT
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2008, at 9:50 PM, Assaf Arkin wrote:
>

>> On Sep 23, 2008, at 6:17 PM, "Tal Rotbart" <redbeard@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "... that the Apache Buildr project be responsible for the creation
>>> and maintenance of a scripting-based build system based on the
>>> principles of DRY, DIY and doesn't make you cry."
>>>
>>> :-P
>>
>> +1
>>

> We can't really be serious about that, right?

I don't have a problem injecting a bit of humor.  Software should be,
besides all the other boring requirements, also fun to use, enjoyable,
something you look forward to on a Monday morning.

It should also have a philosophy, and a good charter would focus on
what the software is, rather than what it does.  BTW right now
Buildr's tagline is "a build system that doesn't suck".

Assaf