buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <ittay.d...@gmail.com>
Subject memory usage
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 05:46:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm writing a build file with ~50 modules. Running it, memory usage gets
very high. I created a task that relies on the top task whose body is to
call GC.start and then sleep 10 seconds. Memory is at 128MB, which looks
like a lot.

I wrote several plugins, which may help this memory bloat, so I did
another test. I wrote a file with only 'sleep 10' and ran ruby. This
takes 1.1MB of private data. I ran rake on this file. This takes 2.9MB
of private data, even when I define a task. I ran buildr and this takes
15.6MB of private data.  (note: i'm counting only private data, so
shared libraries aren't counted).

Maybe someone can take a look at this? (I tried ruby-prof, but it
doesn't show any meaningful data to me)

Thank you,
Ittay

Ittay Dror <ittay.dror@gmail.com>