buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Graduation process
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:54:32 GMT
Hi guys,

So it seems that everybody agrees it's time to get ready for graduation.
There's a nice guide that details the whole process here:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

The trickiest part is to prepare a resolution for the board to adopt.
Ultimately, that's what we will vote on, what the incubator PMC will vote on
and what the board adopts. And the trickiest parts in the resolution itself
are:

   - The target: Top Level Project or subproject of another TLP. For buildr
   I think it would be TLP but if someone things otherwise it's a good time to
   mention it.
   - The charter: this should define the scope of the project. It should be
   short, sweet and non ambiguous but sufficiently large in scope to cover
   further expansion of the project. So getting the proper wording can be
   tough. There are example here [1] and if you want more I can point you to
   others.
   - The project chair: I'll send another e-mail about that.
   - The future PMC: actually that's the easiest, it's usually the same
   composition as the PPMC.

So at this point, it would be nice if someone drafted a first charter
paragraph so we can increment from it. The rest of the resolution can easily
be created using the charter and a few names.

Thanks,
Matthieu

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution