buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Graduation process
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 04:03:55 GMT
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> >> +1
> >>

> > We can't really be serious about that, right?
>
> I don't have a problem injecting a bit of humor.  Software should be,
> besides all the other boring requirements, also fun to use, enjoyable,
> something you look forward to on a Monday morning.

I'm fine with humor too but the charter will stick around for quite a while
(as long as possible actually) and there are some jokes that tend to grow
old. So I liked the first version better:

"... that the Apache Buildr project be responsible for the creation and
  maintenance of a scripting-based build system based on the principles
  of DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself), convenience and flexibility."

Maybe the "convenience and flexibility" could be replaced by something a bit
more focused but until that I like it. Is "agile" too overloaded?

Matthieu