buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r702225 - in /incubator/buildr/trunk: lib/buildr/java/bdd.rb lib/buildr/java/jtestr_runner.rb.erb lib/buildr/java/test_result.rb spec/java/bdd_spec.rb
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:38:06 GMT
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Victor Hugo Borja <vic.borja@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:46 AM,  <vborja@apache.org> wrote:
>> > -      runner.gems.update 'rspec' => '>0'
>> > +      runner.gems.update 'rspec' => '>= 1.1.5'
>>
>> This is guaranteed to fail when you get a new version of RSpec via gem
>> update, but it's broken/breaking, yet gets picked up for being newer
>> than 1.1.5.  For example, on my machine it picks RSpec 1.1.8.
>>
>> If this is happening in the forked process, you can get all the right
>> dependencies set up at once by doing:
>>
>> gem 'buildr', {Buildr::VERSION}
>

> That rspec requirement happens on he jtestr process (a new JRuby runtime),
> buildr isn't loaded at all.

I figured as much.  gem 'buildr' brings you all the right
requirements, including the very same RSpec you ran Buildr with; it
doesn't load Buildr or any of the dependencies.

$ ruby -rubygems -e "gem 'buildr' ; Buildr"
-e:1: uninitialized constant Buildr (NameError)

$ ruby -rubygems -e "require 'spec' ; p Spec::VERSION::STRING"
"1.1.8"

$ ruby -rubygems -e "gem 'buildr' ; require 'spec' ; p Spec::VERSION::STRING"
"1.1.5"

Assaf