buildr-dev mailing list archives

From lacton <lac...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: Emma and Cobertura getting to good for addon Re: svn commit: r700747 - /incubator/buildr/trunk/rakelib/rspec.rake
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 19:32:18 GMT
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:
> The reason I didn't include addon to begin with is that everything
> there is (or was) stuff that fell out of lib: not as well maintained,
> documented, tested or committed to.
>
> I wasn't expecting it to have full or for that matter any test
> coverage, but rather for some parts to mature and either move to lib,
> or collected into separate gems (e.g. buildr-coverage).
>
> Not sure if we should keep this policy, but if we do, let's move Emma
> and Cobertura to lib.

Moving Emma and Cobertura to lib is fine with me.

One thing I'd like to keep is that the extension should be loaded only
if required by the user or the buildfile.  Right now, the way the
Emma/Cobertura extensions work is to add the test coverage tool to the
test task's dependencies and to add the instrumentation step before
testing.  I don't want to penalize users that don't want to measure
their test coverage.

My understanding is that, currently, everything in lib is required
during startup.  Should we add an 'optional import' directory in lib?

Lacton