buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 12 Things to Know about Buildr
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 02:17:32 GMT
I know this is probably overly pedantic, but neither Buildr nor Rake
perform a topological sort.  As mentioned, Rake resolves dependencies
at runtime.  All it has to do is mark tasks as 'in progress' or 'done'
as necessary.  No sorting is required, which is rather fortunate since
topological sorting is much more difficult to get right.

Daniel