buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quick Start Documentation
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:35:17 GMT

> forgive my ignorance, but how exactly does buildr do that? i can see that
> you can download a file from a given url, but where is the code that digs
> into a zip to extract a jar from it?

Don't ask me how Buildr does it, but somehow...  Probably just on the
strength of Assaf's brilliance.  The code shown in the quick_start.textile
will download DBPool and auto-extract the JAR from the zipfile, installing
it into the local repository.  I actually copy/pasted that code from a
buildfile I have used in the past which used exactly that functionality.  It
really works.

Daniel