buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <as...@labnotes.org>
Subject Re: Quick Start Documentation
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:18:31 GMT

On Jul 15, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Martin Grotzke <martin.grotzke@javakaffee.de
 > wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 13:47 -0500, Daniel Spiewak wrote:
>>> My other documentation wish lists are 1) FAQ, 2) something that
>>> introduces
>>> Rake and how it relates to Buildr and 3) a short tutorial/appendix
>>> about
>>> Ruby scripting focused on build-oriented tasks (e.g. copying,
>>> moving files,
>>> executing external processes, etc.).
>>

>> I think an FAQ is an absolute must.  There again is something I
>> looked for
>> when I was first coming to Buildr.
> So the FAQ is mentioned twice now. What's the difference between the
> and the How-To's? Do you have examples for Qs?

Most how-to's are not frequently asked :)

Any question that's frequently asked should be answered in the
documentation (already and if not we should fix it). A FAQ then makes
it easy to find these answers by selecting and organizing them
differently. Even with good search, it's usually easier to look stuff
up in the FAQ.

Assaf