buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Tal Rotbart <redbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 12 Things to Know about Buildr
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 02:10:56 GMT
Nice 12-things page Alex--

One comment:

"Buildr/Rake determine the order of execution of tasks through
dependency analysis (also known as topological sorting); If Buildr
detects a cyclic dependency, it will let you know." should maybe be:

"Buildr/Rake determine the order of execution of tasks through
dependency analysis (also known as topological sorting) similarly to
Ant; Unlike Ant, Buildr resolves the order of execution at runtime,
rather than at parse-time. If Buildr detects a cyclic dependency, it
will let you know.

So this also helps people that do not come from the Ruby world to
position Buildr, by comparing it to Ant.

Cheers,
Tal