buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.3.5 release (take 2)
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:10:12 GMT
At least to me, it seems better to push of a release until we can
safely claim 4.0.  It seems like we almost have too much in the way of
new features (with the shell support and all) for a point release, but
not quite enough for a full jump.

With that said, I recognize there are people actually *using* this
tool who might evaluate a release on more than simply philosophical
grounds.  Thus, my vote is +1, but I hope we can move forward with 4.0
as quickly as possible.

Daniel

On Oct 5, 2009, at 10:44 PM, "Assaf Arkin" <assaf@labnotes.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Daniel Spiewak
> <djspiewak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 with reservations.  I'm not thrilled with the idea of pushing
>> out 1.3.5
>> as it is, but I can't refute the reasons to do it.  :-)
>>

> Why?
>
> Assaf
>

>> Daniel
>>

>> On Oct 5, 2009, at 1:03 PM, "Alex Boisvert" <alex.boisvert@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> We're voting on the source distributions available here:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~boisvert/buildr/1.3.5/dist/
>>>
>>> Specifically:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~boisvert/buildr/1.3.5/dist/
>>> buildr-1.3.5.tgz