buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <p...@hammant.org>
Subject Re: Buildr's example build scripts
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:19:20 GMT
I think its especially important to a technology that competes,
compliments or purports to usurp incumbents (Ant, Maven).

You need to hook folks on your idea within 5 seconds of glancing at
the front page.  To me that means one thing only :- colorized builder-
esque ruby that's faintly reminiscent of an elegant Ant script or a
Maven POM.

Folks going down the install route follow that.  Folks making
contributions follows that ( assuming you leave discrete places for
enhancements and are following a ship-it model ).

Regards,

- Paul