buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.3.5 release (take 2)
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:56:57 GMT
In my mind, the main drivers for this minor release were:

   - making Buildr work out-of-the-box on Snow Leopard (RJB upgrade)
   - getting a bunch of bug fixes out, not just for end users but also for
   3rd party plugins that are now somewhat tied to Buildr's release cycles
   (e.g. buildr4osgi)
   - showing signs of life since our last release was 6 months ago

I share Daniel's anti-climatic moment but at the same time, I can't help but
think this is the right thing to do.  Delaying the release for an
indeterminate amount of time is not wise.   The solution from here on is to
rally behind the work needed to make 1.4.0 happen sooner rather than later.

To put a positive spin on it, I see shell support as a bonus feature of
1.3.5 and a preview of 1.4.0 coming attractions ;)

alex